Exede Internet takes care of the entire installation process
When you’re ready to have your satellite dish installed, you’ll be surprised at how simple the process can be. We strive to get you online quickly. The following seven steps outline what to expect in an Exede satellite Internet installation.
- Schedule your Exede installation
You will schedule the Exede Internet service installation at the time of purchase or over the phone when an installer calls you. Typically, satellite dish installation takes one to three hours, and we’ll need you to be home for the full length of the installation.
- Look for our logo
Your satellite dish installer will arrive in a vehicle marked with the Exede, WildBlue or DIRECTV (our partner) logo. He or she will be wearing a shirt with our logo as well. Upon arrival, you and your installer will review the work order to confirm the details of your satellite installation.
- Locate the best spot for your satellite dish installation
If you’ve already considered where you would like your satellite dish to go, tell the installer when he or she arrives. Together you can choose a location with a clear view of the southern sky, ensuring the best possible satellite signal. Keep in mind that a satellite dish can be mounted in a number of ways: on your roof, under an eave, along the side of your home, or on a pole near your home.
- Let the satellite Internet installation begin
At this point your Exede satellite installer will assemble the satellite dish and the mount, and then install it on your house or on a pole mount. Once the satellite dish is operational, the installer will precisely align the dish to point directly at the Exede satellite in outer space (22,000 miles above the equator) and lock in its location to ensure you maintain a strong signal. Meanwhile, you can relax inside your home until the installer needs to connect the modem to your computer.
- Connect your computer to the satellite dish
The installer will run a cable from the satellite dish through the home and to your computer by way of the modem. You should have your computer in a place that makes it easy to hide the cables for aesthetic reasons.
- Activate your modem
The Exede satellite Internet installer will sit down at your computer to activate the modem and confirm that you can successfully access the Internet through the satellite. Once this step is complete, your installer will finish the satellite Internet installation, help you set up an email address (if needed), and optimize your computer for maximum performance on the Exede network.
- You’re now an official Exede satellite Internet user!
Your installer will walk you through the online terms and conditions policy that we require all customers to review. The next step is to confirm with the installer that you have up-to-date antivirus software installed on your computer. You will then be able to browse the web, send email, download music and photos, and enjoy the Internet as you like.
As you can see, the satellite installation process will take very little effort from you — we take care of all the details. Learn more about how satellite internet works or find more information about Exede satellite Internet plans and pricing.
A “Standard installation” includes the following:
- Professional installation of Exede equipment by a certified technician to an outside wall or sloped roof by a certified technician
- Travel to and from your location within 50 miles of installer office
- Complete installation planning: site survey and customer input on installation location
- Compliance with any applicable FCC and electrical rules and regulations
- Cable routed through one exterior wall and one interior wall or floor
- Exede modem connected to one computer. (Customer-provided router and multiple computers are not included.)
- Service tested to the Internet, customer account activated, service agreement presented/signed
- Exede Internet antenna dish, transceiver and bracket assembly
- 1 Exede Internet modem and 7 foot Ethernet Cable
- Up to 150 feet of RG-6 cable from antenna to modem
- All necessary mounting and cabling hardware
Please note A “standard” installation typically requires 2.5 hours to complete. A “non-standard” installation may require more than 2.5 hours and/or additional mounting supplies and materials, and additional fees may apply.
During installation planning, please confirm with the technician that your installation will be “standard” prior to the start of the work. If your installation is “non-standard,” any additional charges must be agreed upon between you and the technician prior to the technician beginning work.
Equipment lease fee
All Exede Internet subscribers are required to lease the necessary satellite user terminal equipment from us. The lease fee includes all the equipment required to access the Exede Internet satellite signal. Subscribers must use the provided Exede Internet modem and antenna; no other modems or antennas are supported by our systems.
Routers, wired or wireless, are not included with the lease fee or sold by Exede. However, most modern router models work with our system and may be provided and set up by the subscriber.